Thursday, April 16, 2009

What were they thinking??!!

Easter being a week after his birthday, Thomas' grandma said in his birthday card and on the phone that she would bring a present for him when they would come.
The boy was so excited to see what he would receive. Don's mom called last Tuesday and asked for suggestions. Don mentionned twice that a gift certificate to "Barnes and Nobles" or "Borders" for our bookworm would be great (since his mom is a bookworm too). Thomas was clamoring for Legos or cash and I was hinting at some green as well, to put toward his new violin.
Well on Saturday, Thomas experienced the disappointment of the century while I went in shock.
This is what he was presented with!

T. can't stand it, I won't look at it because I find it disgusting, and Don was just stunned that they would just stop at a truck stop and grab this.
They didn't have to get him a present if they can't afford it, my parents rarely sends the children stuff in the mail because of cost, so they use the phone.
However after mentionning to him a couple of times, that they were bringing him a present, they were committed. I don't care if you are late, don't buy an object just to say you did your duty. I felt so bad for T. I would have cried. He remained polite and thanked his grandma and said it was an interesting gift, even if it was such a let down.
I was impressed by my son's maturity in how he handled it. What a grand soul!
When he pulls such a mature reaction, I know why I expect so much out of him, I know he has so much potential and stature in him. I know why I push him to do better, because he can.
Thomas, you are my hero in your moments of great kindness. Je t'aime. Maman.

1 comment:

  1. wow. he's got a worst gift ever already? poor kid. what is wrong with his grandparents?????

    ReplyDelete